Hummingbird Moth and Teasel Weed 1200.JPG

2 Monarch and Teasel Weed
Monarch on Teasel Weed 1200.JPG

3 Surveying the Empire
GBH 1200.JPG

4 Patient
Green Heron 2 1200.JPG

Very nice!
Thank you. I think the teasel weed is one of the most photogenic " weeds " I have seen. It is hard for me not to take pics of it lol.
Nice set the green heron is a juvenile
Ahh. Thank you for that. I must have seen 5 or 6 total this morning. Most were in pairs and seemed to be chasing each other around the canal where that pic was taken.

Nice set. Now I know the name, Teasel Weed, They are all over the place and I never knew the name. These are the same ones that get purple flowers?

Nice set. Now I know the name, Teasel Weed, They are all over the place and I never knew the name. These are the same ones that get purple flowers?

Thanks. There may be different types of this plant, but the ones here only have those very small little white blooms. Once they bloom, they dry and keep those spikes. Are you thinking of thistles?

Thanks. There may be different types of this plant, but the ones here only have those very small little white blooms. Once they bloom, they dry and keep those spikes. Are you thinking of thistles?

No, definitely teasel weed. I took a quick look through my flickr and am surprised I have no photos of them. I am pretty sure the ones here are all purple flowers instead of white but could be wrong.

Here is a link to what they look like here.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/Teasel_Ottawa.jpg

And when I search Ontario and Teasel weed they all show up purple not white.

No, definitely teasel weed. I took a quick look through my flickr and am surprised I have no photos of them. I am pretty sure the ones here are all purple flowers instead of white but could be wrong.

Yes that is definitely teasel. The ones I have seen here are all white. Awesome! We both learned something today! I googled it and learned it is not a native plant, but was brought to North America from Europe. It was used in " teasing wool " and so was called teasel.

Yes that is definitely teasel. The ones I have seen here are all white. Awesome! We both learned something today! I googled it and learned it is not a native plant, but was brought to North America from Europe. It was used in " teasing wool " and so was called teasel.

Yeah, they consider it an invasive species.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back