Affinity photo workbook yea or nay

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Id like to hear from people who have bought the Affinity photo work book. Is it any good/better than there online tutorials in the sense that it goes into more detail about various things do. Ive had Affinity now for a few years and there are checkboxes and things that I dont know what they do.

Affinity Photo Workbook - The Official Guide to Affinity Photo

I bought it when I signed up to Affinity and to be honest, other than a cursory look through it when I got it, I've not used it at all.

There's plenty tutorials on the web that really negates the need for this particular tome.

I've got a copy. It's OK, but nothing special. There are better tutorials on the web, and there are a lot worse too.

I found the tutorials on Udemy to be really good.

It depends upon how you like to learn. If you hate reading or following directions, go with the videos. If on the other hand, you continuously find yourself going "wait! what was that step again?" you'll like the book.

I got it when it first came out. As I recall, they have a lot of lessons/assignments where they show you how to do X or how to use a specific tool. I think the advantage of that is: if you don't know to ask (for instance, if you don't know what a brush is or why it matters) than you may never think to check on a video about using brushes. The book addresses that problem.

I'd start by using the videos. If that works for you--great! But if you still have a lot of knowledge gaps. Or if you find working with videos frustrating, get the workbook.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back