---

Tyg

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
---

Last edited:
I don't know about that camera specifically, but if you were okay with "wasting" the first few shots on a roll, you could load film, mark it, and then wind until you reach the mark, mark the end of the frame, and wind until you are just past that. Do it all with the back of the camera open so you can see what your doing. That may be one way to figure it out, although it may be a bit fiddly because some cameras don't seem to keep the film on "the rails" well with the back open. Especially if the back is holding a guide pad. But unless you find a better solution, it may be a way to figure it out.

Reactions: Tyg
Recently bought one of these type of 'Signal Nettar'. Don't recall which specific one, a 6x6 folder.
Loaded and wasted a roll of film.
Wound through a roll as i couldn't see any arrows, or the following frame numbers through the red window.
It was Ilford (HP5 i think).

Can any regular user of this kind of folder suggest, in the absence of being to see any markers, frame numbers -

How many winds to be at 'frame 1'?

How many winds to advance to next frame?
I have a Nettar and one or two other folders and since the frame numbers on all the roll films I use are very faint I have small key-fob lights which I use to be able to see the numbers. The 'press to switch on/off' are the best if you can find one but the 'press and hold' ones I hold in between my teeth - yes, I have had some funny looks from bystanders.:icon_biggrin: The light is quite dim and I have never had an issue with fogging. Hope this helps you to keep using the camera. :encouragement:

Reactions: Tyg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back